Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Paperbound Torture

So, I just finished reading this book this evening:
Thanks for the picture Barnes and Noble!
Holy cow.  Ok, before I get into this, I probably should let you know: I LOVE the Percy Jackson books.  In fact, I have them all sitting on my shelf.  I think they're awesome.  Naturally, anything by Rick Riordan is going to be on my list to read.  The aforementioned tome is a new series in the same setting as Percy Jackson and the Olympians.  

So, what did I do when it came out last Tuesday?

Went right to the store and bought it, naturally.  Who cares that I was in the middle of another book or two?

Oh man.  As I got to the end of this book, I literally felt my blood pressure rising as I got closer to the end and realized: yeah, you know that nice tidy ending you wanted?  It's not coming.  This is definitely the beginning of a series.  

Aaargggh!!  

I'm beginning to think I get a bit too attached to these fictional characters.  Guess what I'm going to be dreaming about tonight and thinking about for the next week?

Next fall can't come fast enough.  Stinkin' series...

No comments: