Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blessings Galore

Oh man. So, yesterday was...difficult. You really don't need all the details, just take my word on it. I had a big nasty test in med chem and was not feeling that great about it--I felt like I was making up most of my answers and made the mistake of looking at my notes immediately after (as I booked it to my next class). Yeah, probably not going to do that again. Other stuff happened, blah blah blah, whatever. Not so great to begin with, but the day got better as it went along.

Today, I was at work and ran out of actual work to do. So, I decided to see if grades were up yet (that's one nice thing about Skibo: [*cough cough cough* Excuse me for a minute, "Skibo" and "nice" so close together is a bit difficult to process] he gets things graded and returned pretty quickly). They were. And I actually did much better than I thought I would! Just for a point of reference, I got the same score on this test that I did on the first one. That score was also around (or maybe just higher) than the highest score I got when I had Skibo for o chem. So, I was pretty stoked about it. Then I decided to double check the grading curve on the syllabus (for med chem), just for kicks and giggles.

Guess what? I think he changed the curve! Because instead of being just below that elusive A-, I now have an actual A. How did that happen?! I feel seriously so blessed. It almost makes me feel like I don't deserve it, for all the complaining I do. But I guess I have put in some effort, so maybe I do. I am so grateful for the Lord and all of His help in my schooling. It may sound weird, but it's true. There is no way that I could have had the success I've had without some major help.

Oh, and today has been AWESOME besides that. I got to come home and break out all of our old toy kitchen stuff with my nephews. I got to lounge about at work, which made me feel guilty, but was really nice regardless. I balanced my checkbook in about 5 minutes. And the weather right now is gorgeous. I love clouds!

All in all, today more than makes up for the stress and challenges of yesterday. Thank goodness for the gospel and the Lord. I don't know where I would be without them!

A happy day to you all!

2 comments:

Kailei said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you did an awesome job!!! You are wonderfully intelligent and talented and I know that you WERE blessed because you did all you could to prepare and then did your very best. You are amazing Jenny! I'm glad things are looking up!

Linda and Rhonda said...

HOORAY!!!! I'm glad everything worked out for you! You are an amazingly awesome A student!
~Rhonda~