Friday, March 5, 2010

"This regal rangle..."

I went to my first opera tonight. It was an ASU/LOT (not exactly sure what that stands for--loquacious opera theater?) production of Cinderella. It was good. A little...ah...slow, but you know, that's opera. Whatever. So, it was nearing the end of the first act and I found myself thinking "Hey, this is almost the end. Sweet!" Hahaha no. It was just time for the intermission. At this point, the opera had been going for 1 1/2 hours. And then the intermission was 20 minutes long. 20 mintues!! Yikes!

This was supposed to be a picture of the sign that said "20 Minute Intermission", but it didn't quite turn out...

Luckily, Kailei had candy in her purse. And we both had cameras. Hehehe...

"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never know."

We took another awesome picture with some additional Drewbert action, but, alas, it is on Kailei's camera. I may have to post an update later.

So, despite the length, it was fun. My first opera experience. I'm not entirely a fan of operatic singing, but it was fun to watch one and apply all of the opera knowledge I gained from my music history class last semester. Hooray!

Look, Ryan gets a sucker too!
(And isn't his costume awesome?!)

Yay Team!
(My pirate face is back. Arr...)
Good job Ryan!

Oh, and thanks Kailei! That was one awesome sucker! :)



UPDATE: I have the picture with Additional Drewbert Action!

Behold!
I love the scared-looking old people in the background. And our faces. And this entire picture.
Thanks Kailei! :)

1 comment:

Kailei said...

hee hee. Love the update. I think my favorite part of that picture is that the lady looks so excited and the man looks slightly uncomfortable. ha ha.