Saturday, June 5, 2010

Update

Yes, I am still alive. I've been meaning to post for a while, but somehow just haven't gotten around to it. Hm.

Welp, this week we played a rousing game of musical beds. And guess what? I graduated to a full-sized bed!

(It's a good thing Zach's not here...'cause this used to be his. Minus the frilly sheets, of course.)

I've been sleeping on a twin bed for a while now. (I think it's been somewhere around...oh, 13 years.) Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. After all, the mattress has been half of a Sleep Number bed for a few years now. It's not so much that it's uncomfortable, just...small. And very low to the ground (the frame is the bottom half of the bunk bed that my mother apparently slept on with her sister when she was little). Now I can actually reach my bed without bending over! Haha! I'm trying really hard not to get into the habit of sleeping smack dab in the middle, but it's difficult not to. Especially when it's just me. I have so much room!

This is a picture of my nephew's awesome hair.
Can you see the little piece sticking straight up? (The kid's got at least 2 cowlicks in the back--there's no chance of his hair lying flat for a while.)

I am currently in the process of deep cleaning my room. I mean cleaning out every closet, shelf, and drawer. Holy cow, I have so much crap in my room! I think my room is the only one that still has the majority of things we played with in childhood in it. For example, this is what was contained under my bed when we moved it out:
Yeah, my room is just special.

This could take all summer.

But at least it's summer! Yay!

Happy Summer to all!

No comments: