Wednesday, February 2, 2011

That Little Punx...

Happy Groundhog Day everyone!
Photo courtesy of Google Images

I must admit, I love Groundhog Day.  A bunch of people standing around to see whether or not a groundhog sees his shadow as a predictor for the seasons?  Count me in!  Add to it the fact that one of the biggest winter storms on record has hit today and it seems especially ridiculous.  Perhaps that's why I love it so.  Punxsutawney Phil will always have a special place in my heart...

In case anyone is wondering, you can see his prediction here.  (I will admit that I did not watch the whole video--12 minutes, seriously?!--but I laughed through every second I watched.  That's a lot of grown men standing around in top hats waiting for a groundhog...)

1 comment:

Katy said...

I've always secretly wanted a fat groundhog for a pet.