Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pond Scum in Action!

So, remember that really crazy day I had involving job interviews a few weeks back?  Perhaps I should fill you in on that, too.


Long story short: I got the job.  Yay!


I actually started this past Wednesday (as in a few days ago), so I got a bit of time to wrap up at my previous job.  I'm now at Heliae Development in Gilbert and my official title is Purchasing Assistant.  So, basically, I get told we need stuff, buy it, and make sure it gets shipped and paid for.  Actually, it's a lot crazier than that (so far), but in essence that's what I'm learning how to do.  I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with everything at the moment, but hopefully when I get trained up a little bit more I can give you a better opinion of it.  For the most part, everyone has been really nice and I already know 3 of the guys that work there--hooray!  Built-in friends!  


I'm sure I'll have lots more stories in the future.  Right now, I'm just really hoping that I adjust to the whole full-time thing quickly--let's just say that going from a 10-hour work week to even 2 1/2 days of full-time is quite the change.  Let's hope I get everything figured out sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

paula said...

Congrats. You'll get the hang of it. Best advice-don't stay up too late, makes those mornings a killer. For me, it's not the work I don't like, it is getting up in the morning to get to work.