Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hi People!

Yes, I am still alive.  Shocking, I know.  Life has been...busy.  Here's a brief update of the past, eh, month or so.  (How long has it been since I posted last?)

-I'm still working at Heliae.  They haven't said anything "official", but I'm pretty sure I'm there to stay, at least for a while.  I've lived through my first board meeting and lots and lots of purchase requests and bills in between.  This past week has been especially crazy, but hopefully soon it'll die down a bit.  (Ha!  Who am I kidding?)

-I got to visit the chiropractor starting I think a month ago now.  Apparently, I have (had?) horrible posture--which I knew--and sitting at a desk all day and being stressed was not doing nice things for my neck and shoulders.  Or something like that.  Anywho, one minor muscle tear later, I went to see a friend of the family who just happens to be a chiropractor and things are much better now.  It's kind-of sad that I'm looking forward to my visit on Monday as much as I am.  I suppose there's no going back now.  But, on the upside, if anyone is in need of a chiropractor, I know a good one....

-I started taking voice lessons in May from another family friend (actually the wife of my chiropractor, which is a bit on the random side).  It's definitely a challenge in some ways, but it's so fun!  I think I'm surprising myself in some ways--not all good, sadly, but I knew I was out of practice.  Now I just need to actually *ahem* practice more than once a week.  Ha.  Ha.

-My brother and his family are staying with us until I think July-ish.  It's been a lot of fun seeing them more (they've been in Ohio while he went to dental school for the past 4 years), and a bit of a learning experience.  Note to self: 2- and 5-year-olds do not actually sleep in on the weekends...

-My blanket is coming along nicely.  It is going to be awesome!

Hopefully I will post more often in the future.  Maybe I will now that I've gotten all of this out of the way.  Maybe I'll actually finish crocheting something and I can show it to you.  Who knows.  

Hooray for updates!  Don't you feel all warm and fuzzy inside now?

3 comments:

Linda and Rhonda said...

Yes, I feel warm and fuzzy...and happy. Definitely happy to know you're still alive! I was talking to someone about you the other day (only good things, I promise) and I decided that we don't see each other enough. Yes, I'm feeling Jenny deprived again. Ice cream date soon?
~Rhonda~

paula said...

Me too. Thanks for catching us up on your life. Can't wait to see the blanket.

Kailei said...

yes. yes, i do!