Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oh boy

Ok, sorry people. I know I've already posted a lot today, but this could not be kept to myself. Tonight, I've been working on my online class and my teacher posted a paper for us to read. At least that's what I'm assuming he wants. There's no description of it (such as "Here's a chapter from this book" or "Here's a paper from Such-and-Such, a master in music history..."). Just a link. And a horrible, horrible paper. Seriously, tears were rolling down my face as I read this paper. I almost couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard. Here are a few excerpts for you to savor along with me.

"In New York the area known as Black Bohemia, artists, musicians, writer would gather to be seen and hired. White would also go there to interact with this jazz community." Who is this mysterious "White"? No one knows...

"Storyville was closed when the department of the navy established their facility in New Orleans. The lifestyle that was forced to developed due to segregation efforts war still to successfully risky for the government officials." What the heck is this even supposed to mean? How can you misspell something this badly?

"Kansas City in from the late 1800s was in the path of migrating musicians. Most of the live music headed west passed through there. Vaudeville, Burlesque, minstrel shows a circuses played it many venues." That last sentence is my favorite. "A circuses." Seriously?!

"The idea that musicians who were involved with drugs would be most comfortable with others that shared their addiction was evident. This sharing of the common experience is often a desirable activity in team building exercises today. Drugs happen to be one of the extreme options." You heard 'em, folks. If you really want to build a team, give them all lots of drugs!

Maybe I just have a twisted sense of humor, but I thought this paper was hilarious. Hard to understand (hopefully it won't be on the test), but it definitely made my night. Hope you enjoyed it, too!

Dr. Carpenstein out.

1 comment:

Katy said...

I think that just made my eyes bleed.

Is that seriously a real paper someone wrote? Please tell me no...