Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Poem of Apology

Ahemahemahem:

Dearest bed, please don't take it personally
That I haven't been using you much, for you see
Lately you've seemed to be so far away
To my sleep-deprived brain at the end of the day.
It's not for the comfort of couch or of floor
That I sleep there. (In fact, they have made me quite sore.)
You are the comfiest pallet by far
Nestled beneath all my glow-in-the-dark stars!
More use in the future I cannot guarantee,
But for now, please accept my heartfelt apology.

5 comments:

Kailei said...

LOVE IT!!!

Linda and Rhonda said...

Jenny, thank you for making my day! I love this poem!
~Rhonda~

Diana said...

I feel your pain. Been there.

Jenny said...

You're welcome Rhonda. ;)

Linda C. said...

It is funny how we just fall asleep on the couch when we should just get up and go to bed!! Love the poem!